MSc in Risk Assessment and Environmental Safety (RO)
The MSc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management (SDEM) is a 2 year full-time program taught in Romanian. The main objective of this specialization is to develop a programme focused on acquiring knowledge about various types of threats and risks present in society during normal activities and also in emergency cases.
The programme offers in particular the possibility for students to learn and apply systematic risk analysis as a tool for:
- identifying the different types of risk, possible intervention types;
- implementing risk reduction methods to prevent or to limit the negative effects on the population and the environment;
- based on the objectives of the organization and society to learn to work in safety management systems, health and environmental services;
- knowledge to develop risk assessment studies, safety reports, site reports etc.
MSc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management (EN)
The MSc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management (SDEM) is a 2 year full-time program taught in English, with a total of 120 ECTS credits. This Master’s programme aims to train future changemakers and leaders who are able to understand the integrated nature of the environmental subjects and to put into practice a number of methods and techniques for environmental management, in order to develop a sustainable human society.
The program provides, in particular, the opportunity for students to learn and apply:
- knowledge and techniques needed to develop and implement environmental policies in order to achieve sustainable development;
- analytical thinking that leads to environmental decisions;
- interactions between science, politics, society, economy and environment;
- specific case studies for Romania and Central and Eastern Europe.
As a graduate of this joint programme you will have a wide field of employment options in the private, public and semi-public sector or you may choose an academic career by continuing with PhD-studies in a relevant field.
- adoption of specific terminology in environmental management and sustainable development;
- understanding the details related to sustainable development and environmental management;
- superior capacity for analysis and synthesis, based on the use of rigorous scientific methods;
- graduates will be able to initiate, plan and conduct complex analysis and environmental assessment studies;
- use of specific environmental risk assessment software, licensed and approved internationally;
- interpersonal skills: ability to work in teams – environmental audit (integrated environmental management systems), HAZOP team etc.
- systemic competences, mainly the ability to work independently (external expert / consultant);
- ability to design projects, to run them and to obtain the desired results;
- knowledge of specific measures to reduce natural and technological risks;
- ability to integrate environmental data with other socio-economic parameters to get a broader perspective of sustainable development;
- understanding the rules for the preparation of regulatory documents issued by environmental authorities;
- ability to use appropriate evaluation criteria and methods of sustainable industrial systems
Environmental management and protection (RO)
The MSc in Environmental management and protection is a 2 year full-time program taught in Romanian. This Master’s programme aims to train experts to do Environmental Impact Assessments.
Environmental quality and energetic sources (RO)
The MSc in Environmental quality and energetic sources is a 2 year full-time program taught in Romanian. The students, who graduate from this master’s programme, will aquire knowledge on energie and its impact on sustainable development and on policies and strategic options at national and international level.