MSc in SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
Academic year 2018-2019
The MSc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management – SDEM (in the field of Environmental Engineering) is a 2 year full-time programme taught in English, at the Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering, Babes-Bolyai University.
- Why study the Master in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management?
This Master’s programme aims to train future change-makers and leaders who are able to understand the integrated nature of the environmental subjects and to put into practice a number of methods and techniques for environmental management, in order to develop a sustainable human society. MSc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management provides, in particular, the opportunity for students to learn and apply:
- Knowledge and techniques needed to develop and implement environmental policies in order to achieve sustainable development;
- Analytical thinking that leads to environmental decisions;
- Interactions between science, politics and policy, society, economy, and environment;
- Tools to facilitate the participation of and partnerships with various stakeholders (from public and private sectors) through dialogue;
- Specific case studies for Romania and other EU countries.
Join us to find more about our study programme!
Flexible Program & Attractive Courses
- What will you study?
FIRST YEAR OF STUDY (2018-2019 academic year)
Professional Practice no.1
SECOND YEAR OF STUDY (2019 – 2020 academic year)
Optional Course 2 (Dosimetric Techniques in Environmental Studies and Radioprotection Training / LIDAR Systems)
Professional Practice no.2
- Who are our invited speakers and teaching staff?
Some of them are: Prof. PhD. Eng. Alexandru Ozunu (Dean of the Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering), Prof. PhD. Eng. C. Baciu (Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering), Senior Researcher PhD. G. Etiope (INGV- Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Rome, Italy), Prof. PhD. A. Mahalov (Arizona State University, USA), Prof. PhD. Eng. P. Burny (University of Liege and Walloon Center for Agricultural Research, Belgium), Prof. PhD. A. Jordaan (Disaster Management Training and Education Centre for Africa-DiMTEC, University of the Free State, South Africa).
- What career options can you have?
Msc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management is the best opportunity to enhance your career prospects. This programme propels you in the engineering and technology fields. Very often our students found their own innovative start-ups and/or chose an academic career by continuing with PhD studies. Therefore, if you want to become a better specialist in management and remediation of contaminated sites, in water management, land management, or natural resources project manager, environmental engineer (ecologist), ecologist (environmental) advisor, environmental analyst, Msc in Sustainable Development and Environmental Management offers you the perfect preparation in a dynamic, flexible and tailored market environment.