Biodiversity and transformative change for plural and nature-positive societies
DURATION OF THE PROJECT
BIOTraCes is coordinated by a consortium from Wageningen Environmental Research. Dr. Rosalie van Dam is head of the team. The Babes-Bolyai University team is represented by:
- Ruxandra Malina Petrescu-Mag, PI, Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Kinga-Olga Reti, team member, Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Rudolf-Tiberiu Hartel, team member, Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Dacinia Crina Petrescu, team member, Faculty of Business.
BIOTraCes stands for: Biodiversity and Transformative Change for plural and nature positive societies. It will run for 48 months until November 30, 2026. The overall budget is € 4.620 652, 50. Eleven partners from nine European countries will closely collaborate for the success of BIOTraCes. The nine case studies will be performed in sectors with a particularly high impact on biodiversity. They cover a representative range including food production, agriculture, forestry, water and fish conservation as well as urbanisation. As a unique feature, BIOTraCes will pay attention to marginalised and religious groups, gender and youth.
The nine case studies across EuropePress release
Key exploitable results (examples):
- Transdisciplinary learning community;
- Knowledge on biodiversity interdependencies in SDGs;
- Leverage points (opportunities for positively disrupting systems) identified
Follow BIOTraCes on: