We are pleased to invite you to the 5th edition of the European Lidar Conference (ELC), which will take place in Cluj-Napoca (Romania) from the 13th to the 15th of September 2023, hosted by Babeș-Bolyai University.
The ELC 2023 continues the now well-established tradition of bringing together experts from academia and the private sector to discuss state-of-the-art lidar-related topics.
During the conference, the participants will have plenty of opportunities to network, find new and longstanding collaborations, exchange ideas, and promote their research through oral and poster presentations
We look forward to bringing together the European lidar community in our beautiful city of Cluj-Napoca, the largest city in Transylvania with a rich and multicultural history, reflected in the city’s architecture and general vibe.
If you are interested in lidar-related topics, please do not hesitate to join us! We especially encourage the participation of young researchers!
Topics of the ELC 2023:
- Challenges: strategic role of Research Infrastructures
- LIDAR applications, synergies, and campaigns
- LIDARS onboard satellites
- LIDAR Technologies & Open forum for companies and users
- Algorithms & Data
- 30th May: Abstract submission deadline
- 15th July: Notification of acceptance
- 15th August: Early registration deadline
- 31st August: Late registration deadline
The conference will feature plenary sessions: oral presentations, PICO & poster presentations.
- Info day on the establishment of the ACTRIS ERIC: 12th of September 2023
- Joint session with PROBE Cost Action
- Presentation booths for companies working in the field of lidar and lidar components manufacturing
Conference committees will be announced soon!
Online registration will be open soon!
- Early bird rate (until 15th August)
- 250 Euro for regular/company member
- 150 Euro for young researchers
- 1000 Euro for company stand
- Late registration (after 15th August)
- 350 Euro for regular/company member
- 200 Euro for young researchers
- 1500 Euro for company stand
ℹ️ Payment will be available after the 15th of July.
The city of Cluj-Napoca is the second largest city in Romania and the most developed urban center in Transylvania, the North-Western region of Romania. The city is one of the most important academic and cultural centers in Romania. While the city is known for a while now as the Treasure City of Transylvania due to its rich multicultural history, lately, it is also called the Silicon Valley of Transylvania because of its flourishing IT sector.
Useful information when visiting Cluj-Napoca:
- The International Airport of Cluj-Napoca (CLJ), located 9 kilometers to the east of the city center, is offering direct flights to many European cities.
- The city offers a great variety of hotels, hostels, and B&B, from the cheapest to the most demanding.
- Traveling within Cluj-Napoca is straightforward and convenient. Cluj-Napoca operates a full trolleybus/bus network, which will take you almost anywhere you have to go.
- There are daily trains and buses connecting Cluj-Napoca to other cities in Romania.
If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com